Saturday, October 1, 2011

My First Pink Saturday Post & Embroidered Heart Ornament..!

Happy Pink Saturday..!

Well after a year of oogling over the Pink Saturday posts, hosted by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound, I have finally decided to join in the fun.

So for my very first Pink Saturday post I want to share with you the little treasure that not only started me off on my seriously Pink Collection, but also my love and collection of Porcelain Roses.



I bought this little vase when I was 9 years old. I saw it when my Mum and I went antiquing and just had to have it.! I remember I spend an entire year of my pocket money, birthday and christmas money to buy this but didnt care.


It measures about 6" in height and is perfect condition. Sadly it doesnt have any markings on, so I do not know who its made by




Dont you just loooove those beautiful pink roses..? Ahhhhh....


I also would like to share with you my recent Embroidery finish. And since it is also Pink, what a great day to show it off.!


Its a dear little Heart Ornament with Pink Bullion Roses on it. I did the Tatting edge around it and thought a row of pretty cream pearls would complete it.


Used some pretty pink fabric with tiny rose buds for the backing.


Am really happy how this turned out and think I will be making some more soon.


Hope you all have a perfectly pink saturday..!


Hugs and Stitches,


Susi xoxo

11 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

Great job for your first Pink Saturday. The vase is just beautiful and your embroidered heart is lovely.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Carol

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Hi Susie....Happy First Pink Saturday!
I am so happy to meet you and glad that you joined us!
Your vase is just exquisite and your heart is exquisite as well....Your work is lovely....I tried and tried to learn tatting, to no avail. I have the shuttle in my sewing cabinet, but I guess I am just too clumsy to learn that beautiful art!
Jil

LV said...

What a wonderful first Pink Presentation. I love seeing all your pink treasures ans visiting your blog. Welcome to Pink Saturday.

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Susie,
I love all your pinks!!!
Glad you joined the Pink party!!!
Have a great Pink Saturday!!

Suzann ~xoxo~

Annette said...

What beautiful pinks you have! I love the pinks roses! Your blog is fun and I am a new follower. I'll be back to visit soon.
Hugs,
Annette

pinkkandy said...

Well, here we are again..Thank God for another Pink Saturday to visit and see what you have been up to..Fall is keeping her distance around here..I am longing for some cool crisp weather....check out "My Sweet Prairie Home" and see what my daughter is up to!
God Bless You....
Kandy

mercedes scott said...

Susi, welcome to Pink Saturday! Your inaugural post is just lovely! That dainty vase is perfection.. and so is your needlework! I'm so happy you joined us and shared your pink beauties :)

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I am so happy I stopped at your blog. Your bone china vase is absolutely stunning...beautiful doesn't even describe it. Love your heart stitching as well.

Marianne C. said...

Good day, Susie, and a happy Pink Saturday to you!

I must say that your vase is just lovely and you certainly had good taste at such a tender age. I agree, the pink roses are wonderful and cheerful.

And speaking of cheerful, your embroidered heart is a delight! I love the pink roses and the tatting is beautiful. I've crocheted edges but have never learned to tat. My paternal grandmother was tatting since she was a small child. But she had to do it to help bring in money to the family. She was amazing at just about any kind of stitching.

I hope you do make more hearts...they are a treasure.

May blessings surround you today,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

I see you are a great lover of PINK, too!! I think I was born in pink and have loved it ever since!
Your vase is charming and I know you treasure it since you bought it yourself so long ago!
The heart is gorgeous! Yes, you should make more and offer them for sale!
Continue having a great pink Saturday!! Francy

Anonymous said...

I just love your embroidered heart ornament Susi. Your stitching is lovely.

I can see why you fell in love with pink rose collecting. The vase is gorgeous.

Katie in PA