Monday, January 25, 2010

Sanman Yuletide Ornament Exchange

Hi Sweeties,




Excuse me for being offline for abit. Have been majorly under the weather with Bronchitis. Silly isnt it, its summer here in OZ and I catch Bronchitis. lol.!

Also have been having a wonky left eye. It has been twitching continuiously for the past week and is really driving me crazy. Strangers are thinking I'm winking at them which has resulted in some very queer looks hehehe.!



Last Tuesday I received in the mail my Yuletide Ornament Exchange from the Sanman Board. My exchange partner was Sarah - sunnysarah. She made me the most adorablest Snowmen ornament ever.! I just love him and his cute little felt friend. Thank you so much Sarah for the beautiful stitching you did on this guy.



I can also show you the ornament I made for Sarah since she has also received it. The Snowman pattern was taken from a Waxing Moon design. I stitched him on natural 28ct Linen using Gingerbread House of Floss.



He was so much fun to stitch and I enjoyed making the cording adding metalic floss inbetween it.




I also made this Candy Cane Stitchers Set for Sarah as well. She told me that she liked red, and I thought this material was just perfect.! Murder to sew with though but the finished item is great.! I made the little Needlecase with it and when you open the flap up you put in your scissors, needlebook, spare needles and/or flosses.


A friend of mine made me one of these some years ago and I must admit that I use it on a daily basis, so I couldnt resist making one for Sarah.




Am now working on a Valentine's Ornament for another Exchange I am in on the Sanman Board. Its turned out so pretty, I have to mail it off this week.


On a sadder note my dear little Budgie, Jasmine, passed away on Sunday. She was only 2 years old. My husband, ---- bought her for me as an Easter present back in 2007. She was so beautiful a gorgeous warm lilac with the chubbiest cheeks. Her partner Edward a cobolt blue Budgie looks so sad without his mate by his side. Dont know whether or not we will be getting another girl for him yet or not.?



Hugs always and Happy Stitching,

Susi


xoxox

1 comment:

Amykins said...

your little ornaments are so cute!! take care Amykins (SMO board)